Friday, May 6, 2011

Randoms...

I must say, so far May 2011 has proven to be pretty eventful. There is so much going on I'm not sure where to even begin putting things into words. Good times, bad times...we all hit those "patches" in life that we'd rather not be going in. So far though, I must say...God has given me a new kind of peace that I haven't quite experienced before.

I'd be lying if I said there were no tears so far this week. Maybe I've just been keeping them bottled inside of me for far too long. Life threw me some curve balls this week, and obviously we are NEVER prepared for one of those. I'm still in the middle of this unexpected twist but I know that God isn't surprised by this taking place. He knows what is best for me. And though there are often growing pains associated with obstacles, he is in control!

Psalm 31: 14 & 15: "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me."

What an amazing set of verses. No matter what you are facing, my friend, know that God already knew you were going to deal with this, and that he is holding your hand and leading you through this difficult time.



NOW...for some exciting news. Tomorrow, I am headed to the musical WICKED!!



For years, Mom and I have said that if this musical ever came to the area (Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Buffalo, etc...) that we would be interested in going to see it. I've heard great reviews about this, so when I heard it was in fact coming to Buffalo, I freaked out and knew I had stumbled upon the perfect Mothers Day gift!

Have no fear...I will be giving some sort of a recap after I see it, but for now I'm just itching for tomorrow to come so I can see it!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Super excited to hear about this!
And Hey...I have something for you. Hopefully I will remember to bring it (along with your movie) to church on Sunday. :)
Have fun with your mom tomorrow!