Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I've been MIA...I know

I don't have the ability (or time) to update you guys on how crazy my life has been lately.  I feel as though I've been playing "catch-up" for several weeks now.  It's been insaine! 

I've traveled, had medical appointments, worked like CrAzY, been to weddings, and trying to find my inspiration to workout again.

The workouts is what I want to talk about...

I am in the middle of the hardest "seasonal" transition that I go through during the year.  I struggle transitioning from summer/fall, fall/winter.  Here in WNY, we are definitely in the middle of fall, well on our way to winter :(

I struggle when the day light is gone almost as quickly as I get out of work.  It is dark when I wake up in the morning.  It is dark by time I finish doing the dishes after dinner, and soon will be dark as I drive home from work. 

I've learned in past years, that the best way for me to combat this is to continue with my workouts at the YMCA.  Here is my issue...I haven't been there on a consistant basis in MONTHS! Yes...this workout queen said months. 

This summer, I did home workouts for the most part:  Insanity, bike rides, etc...

After that...I've done diddly squat!  I have been extremely lazy for about the last 8 weeks.  It has been very busy at work, and so I've been getting out late.  That was my excuse...I didn't have time.

Well, I'm done with excuses.  I can already tell that if I don't nip this in the bud, I will struggle that much more this season.  I can HAPPILY say that I've been 2 days in a row!  I know that isn't much, but when I've maybe gone 2 times in the last 2 months...it's impressive. 

So...here is my confession.  You guys are my accountability partners in this...and I hope you'll hold me to it!  I vow to keep this up, so I can make it through this rough period of the year...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You and me both Sister!
Off to do my little 5 min workout quick before 10 so I can start on some more work! :) And you so know that I will ask you ;)