Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wow.....

HOLY COW!  It has been FOREVER and EVER since I've gotten on my computer to post.  I miss it...I've come to enjoy the opportunity to "spill" my thoughts and (hope) that you guys enjoy reading what I have to write.

The last week has been busy!  Here is a recap of the last 10 days, eak!

Work:  Busy busy Busy.  This is a good thing...usually we see the number of patients we see drop as summer comes upon us, however this year it was completely different!  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the economy is so bad right now, that the vacations patients typically took before school started, didn't get taken.  That's ok with me...I'd rather be busy then slow.  And with what I do, it means I get to meet that many more people :)

Home:  I feel as though I haven't been home in DAYS!  The evenings have been quite full with the usual activities:  small group, errands, drs appointments, babysitting, etc....  This is the first night I've been home able to relax in ~5 days, it's been busy busy busy!

I got to go away this past weekend for a long weekend to visit my best friend from college!  It has been a long 10 months since I was able to make the 2 hour trip to Abbey's house (pathetic I know, but we have both been so busy that there haven't been any free weekends!)  Here is a picture from Saturday night when I got to spend time with Abbey and Risa (her friend, who has quickly become my friend!)

                                                         (Abbey, Risa, Me)

The trip to Erie, also meant that I got to do some basic shopping.  Sticking to my Dave Ramsey Budget, from Financial Peace University, I was able to pick up some great bargains off the clearance rack!!  

The other highlight from the weekend was....

            THE BUFFALO BILLS WON!!!!!

              WE BEAT NEW ENGLAND!!!

              WE BEAT NEW ENGLAND!!!

The Buffalo Bills haven't beat the New England Patriots in 15 consecutive games...that is a streak that goes back to 2003!  I was a high school freshman the last time we beat this team...holy cow!

(If you are a New England fan, please understand that I'm just super excited, and not trying to rub it in your face.)

I sat watching the 4th quarter (missed the rest driving home from Erie) and couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.  There were many key moments in this game, and ultimately my team got the win!!  (I literally didn't move for several moments, I was in complete shock!)  I knew my team could do this, but realized they would be up against a tough opponent.  Congratulations Buffalo for not getting yourself down and for showing New England, and the world, that we are in fact a great team, even if we are the no-name Bills!



So...that is a quick recap in my life.  I have a few nights where I plan to catch-up on household things:  laundry, cleaning, etc...  PLUS I also need to catch up on some blog reading!!  I'VE MISS YOU!!!

No comments: