Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lazy, yet productive Sunday

Today was my ideal Sunday!  I got up, went to church, ran some errands, and then cuddled up on the couch with a book! 

I didn't quite read the WHOLE book (I read up to chapter 5 yesterday), but I took advantage of a quiet house and finished it tonight :)

So, what book did I read that allowed me to become one of the characters, and have difficulty putting it down even for dinner?!?


There is something about his books that captivates me in ways I don't expect to happen.  I know a lot of it is that I'm a hopeless romantic at heart (no surprise if you know me!).  And in each of his books is a love story so unique I am sucked-in by about page 30, lol!

I am also captivated by the way he uses words to describe the beauty of North Carolina.  This is where he has each book set, along the beaches throughout the Carolina coast.  (And since I've never been to North Carolina, I'm that much more engrossed in the book by the descriptions!)

I also appreciate the fact that he doesn't sugar-coat anything...his characters are real.  The situations they find themselves in, are very possible for my life.  I love getting to the end of the book, and reflecting on it, trying to think of how I might handle myself should I end up in a similar situation.  (Thankfully, to date, no similarities in my life!)

Finally, what I love most about books in general, is that I finally feel as thought I've had a successful, yet resting day...which is exactly what I've been craving/needing the last few weeks!! 

So...a book and a glass of wine (my new favorite kind!).  That was how I spent late Sunday afternoon/evening.  What a perfect ending to a perfect day!

P.s.--Here is my new favorite wine, you should definitely try it :)


2 comments:

Melissa said...

i love his books too! I never knew it until i ended up getting The Rescue & loved it!!! After that, I read The Guardian, which was much more suspense than his usual romance books & VERY good. But my coworker learned i liked his books & she gave me her copy of The Choice - it was SO good too!! I am hooked on his books!

Glad you had your idea Sunday! :)

Jessica said...

umm yeah, so I'm pretty sure I own all of his books (or at least REALLY close to it) sooo if you're looking for one of them to read know you can borrow mine! No due dates, no late fees ;) Oh My Gosh you HAVE to read The lucky one and Dear John. Those are two of my favorites. :)