Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ice Cream Social!!!

If you were one of my neighbors, you recently received this invitation:


That's right...it was ice cream time! 9 years ago, we had 4 new families move into our neighborhood in a span of 6 months! That's a lot of new people, and well...my parents wanted to come up with a way to get to know them better! SO, Ice cream it was :)

This is a great opportunity for the neighbors to get together and catch-up with each other, but also show anybody new in the neighborhood "hey, we know each other, we know each other well, and we WILL watch out for random/suspicious things going on at their homes." For this party, my parents provide the ice cream, the neighbors supply the toppings!

Needless to say, all the little kids on the street LOVE when the invitations arrive, and it is the buzz on the street for a few days. I had one little boy come running up to me saying "Laura, Laura! It's almost time for ice cream in your front yard!!!!" (How cute is that?!?)





Everything went great! Great turnout, great food, great conversation, and great laughs! Can't wait for next year :)

2 comments:

Callie said...

What a fun idea! We did ice cream socials at church growing up, but I love the idea of doing it for neighbors too!

Jessica said...

This is an awesome idea. Totally love it! However...if I had known about it before I might have crashed the party ;) Good thing you didn't tell me! bawahah!