Monday, August 8, 2011

Missing in action...

Dear blog friends...I'VE MISSED YOU!

This past week has been complete and utter choas! Good chaos and bad chaos. Every evening for the past week has been full with things going on and activities planned for me. Mostly good stuff, though.

I got to go to my best friends little boy's 7th birthday party one night...They decided this year instead of gifts, to pretty much ask for books! What a great alternative to traditional birthday gifts (which he still got some of). It was a lot of fun going through my book collection and picking out a few to order for J.

The next few nights were spent running very important, miscellaneous errands (done in prep for Friday nights activities). (More details later...)

Thursday night was the all important hair appointment so that it would be looking perfect for Friday's activities.

NOW...Friday night was probably one of the fun nights of the week, yet simultaneously stressful. My 6 cousins and I (7 total) did a photo-shoot trying to update the picture from 7 or 8 years ago that is currently hanging in my grandparents house. (Here is a sample picture...mums the word if you know any of my family members, especially my grandparents!!)


Saturday night was a bachelorette party for my coworker, followed by Sunday family activities.

We also received word on Saturday that my grandma isn't doing to well. She had come down with pneumonia earlier in the week and the antibiotics didn't seem to be helping fight it. They have since started a new medication and from the updates today she seems to be doing some better!!!

When I saw her last night, I was very sad...she looked so weak and helpless. I know my grandma misses my grandpa (who passed away in 2008) but I'm just not sure that I'm ready to say goodbye to her yet. It is my continued prayer that God would have what is best for her, even if it isn't what is best for me.

Would you say a prayer for her right now?? Pray also for guidance as most of us are supposed to be leaving town later this week, for an out-of-state wedding. Plans for some have already been adjusted, and we are praying for confidence in whichever decision must be made (about people traveling and whatnot.) At this point, with her doing slightly better today, I think people are more comfortable with the thought of going out of town, but prayers for guidance would be greatly appreciated!

(Here is a picture of my cousins Jodi, Jessie, and Me with Grandma Peg last summer.)

So there you go...my weekly re-cap in several thousand words of less :) I hope you guys have been having an amazing week! Can't wait to catch-up on the blogs I've missed reading this week. Trust me, I've missed you!!

No comments: