Saturday, August 27, 2011

Late August Ramblings

This week has just been a continuation of my busy-busy August.

Some things to note:
~Kevin went back to school :( My brother goes to college about 2 hours away, and while I know he won't really miss me, I miss him when he isn't home.
I mean, who else will randomly do stuff with me on the weekends when I can't come up with something else to do?!? Needless to say, we will chat a few times a week, and the best part: I can call/bug him whenever!

~I am going through the process of being allergy tested. My allergies have always been annoying, but the last few flair-ups have been even worse! So I met with the allergist on Wednesday, and had some blood work done. I will return this coming Thursday for the "prick-test" where they will test for specific allergens on my back, and see if I react at all.

The down-side to all of this: I can't take any kind of an anti-histamine for 7 days. They did give me a nasal spray to use in the mean time, and while I enjoyed how I felt on Thursday, I am pretty sure I had an allergic reaction to it yesterday. I literally itched from head-to-toe ALL day long. Nothing really seemed to help it. Today I haven't had anything at all, and have a mild/moderate headache currently. I think tomorrow I'm going to try the nasal spray one more time and see if I get itchy...if I do, it is going in the trash, and will be 3 long days with no medicine. If I don't, I'm going to continue using it, praying I don't get itchy again. (Thank goodness I have understanding co-workers, who were sympathetic to what was going on and willing to scratch my back when needed...)

~Work is just plain busy. Usually we see our numbers drop off the last few weeks of August as people go away on one last vacation...no so this year. It has been just as busy, if not busier then usual. I know this is a good thing, business wise, however I'M EXAUSTED! There are literally only 2 days this ENTIRE month where all the staff that should be at work on a certain day, are there! Between weddings, vacations, children, etc, we have been crazy short-staffed. Needless to say, COMMON SEPTEMBER!

~I have plans to go out to dinner with one of my besties tonight! I haven't seen her in weeks, because one week I was in Illinois for a wedding, then she left for a missions trip in Jamaica the following week! I can't wait for girl-talk and major catch-up time!

(Needless to say, with as busy as I've been, all of my girl-friends will be getting a phone call about a girls-night-out soon! I've missed them all tooo much!)

How has your week been? I've enjoyed taking some time today to get caught up in your blogs...thank you for being dedicated to your blogs, cuz I always love a good read!


No comments: