Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blessings in Disguise

I write this today feeling like God has given me a breath of fresh air. I was encouraged by two of my besties (M & B) to consider taking a half-day off of work Friday afternoon and spend it with the two of them. See, M is prego with her first, biological baby (YAY!) and due in the next few short days :) (I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HIM...but you can't tell I'm excited, can you??) SOOO...I went to work on Thursday, and put in a last-minute request with my boss about getting Friday afternoon off....sure enough, it got approved!!!

Then....Thursday evening came around and M called me to tell me her 6yr old had come home from school again with another fever and that she was taking him to the doctor on Friday to have him tested for strep. Sure enough, the poor little one had it and we decided to cancel with her, so the rest of us wouldn't get it :(

B & I decided we were still going to get together, and what a wonderful time we had! While her little one E was taking a nap, we did what girls do best...GIRL TALK!!! As the hours went by, God kept blessing us with great conversation topics that helped encourage us both.

We both decided that PD Cook's recent sermon topics have been hand selected by God to minister to us two directly. There are times in my life where church has seemed like a "boring" thing to partake in, but right now, I feel as though I'm on the cusp of something great and wonderful!!!

So ya, I finally took my first (half) day off of work for the year....yes I am blessed to say it has taken me until March to use a vacation/sick day. God gave me a much needed rest break from the crazy-busy schedule I've been taking lately...and blessed me in return with the first sense of being refreshed in a long time!!!

No comments: