Sunday, April 3, 2011

CRAZY times....

Holy cow...1 week without a post, and I feel like it has been 1 year+ since I've written anything. (A strange feeling, since I JUST decided to be more consistent with my blogging, oh maybe 3 weeks ago, lol!) I feel like someone hit the fast-forward button this week and there has been no slowing down!

Work this week, was well....work. There were many times, I felt that I was on the verge of losing it....thankfully 30 second prayers with God kept me focused for that moment and able to accomplish the tasks at hand.

I've also started to notice a "trend" in how my days go, depending on if I've given the WHOLE day over to God first thing in the morning, or if it takes me a while to give it to him. Here's where I struggle: I'm not a morning person. I need a semi-large cup of coffee to really get me going and to make me, well...me!



So...what I have always done in the past, is study my Bible/do my devotions in the evenings. Works great, still get the studying aspects done then...but I'm finding, if I don't give the day over pretty much from the get-go, it's going to be a tough day.

I heard one of my favorite songs on the radio as I was driving to work this week. Britt Nicole sings the song "Set the World on Fire" and it really hit home (again) this week.

[Verse 1]
"I wanna set the world on fire
Until it's burning bright for You
It's everything that I desire
Can I be the one You use?

[CHORUS]
I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to

Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I can not do
Nothing I cannot do..."

Here's my question for you, and for me. In the middle of the chaos and confusion I face each and every day...am I allowing God to use me the way I should be used? Or am I SOO busy fighting tooth-and-nail to have it my way. Days seem so much more 'smoother' when I give God the control from First thing in the morning, til I close my eyes at night. Guess I know an area in my life that needs improving...

"Dear Lord, I come to you with a problem in my life. I pray right now, that you may be the first thing on my mind, that I will be quick to give you control of my days, and that I will trust you to guide my actions, words, and interactions throughout my day. I know this won't be easy, Lord, but I know it will benefit me in the end. Thank you for being my savior, best friend, and redeemer. I LOVE YOU!"

No comments: