Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm thankful for...

Today, I'm taking the time to share some of the things I've recently been blessed with and am thankful for :)

1. My best friend M had a little baby boy on April 11th!!! Little J came into the world at 1:41, weighing 6# 14 oz, and measuring in at 19 1/4 inches long!!! I got to spend some time with B and E (B's son) yesterday at M's house and we got to love little J and his big brother A, lots and lots! He has the biggest feet and longest fingers I've ever seen...and is very much so a keeper!

2. B and I got to spend Friday night together and have much needed girl-time. I don't say it enough, but God knew what he was doing when he placed her into my life 10 short months ago....hard to believe it has only been that long, eh? We've become so close, so fast, its hard to remember life without her.

3. I'm taking the "Dave Ramsey, Financial Peace University" course through my church. Through all this, it is teaching me how to form and live a budget, pay off debt, and plan for my future. I've always been conscientious of where my money goes, but to see it planned out on paper, and to know that "every dollar has a 'name'" is really helping to open my eyes to frivolous spending.



I would HIGHLY recommend this course to anyone and everyone. It is well worth the time and investment.

4. I'm also thankful for little things such as heat today. Winter cold (upper 30s, low 40s) is still trying to hang on here in WNY and I'm just hoping that the daffodils and tulips starting to grow outdoors aren't affected by this chill. The heat in my house continues to be on due to the cold, and I'm thankful for a place that is warm.

5. Finally today, I'm thankful for family. On either side of our family, in the "extended" family, there have been ones lost recently. Today, I'm thankful for each and every member of my family. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be who I am today. Know I love you all :)

No comments: