Saturday, April 23, 2011

Random thoughts...

So, some random thoughts from my day/week:

1. The sun is shining!! Doesn't get much better then that!!

2. Kevin (brother) came home for the weekend. We've been able to spend some quality time together, and lets face it...I miss him when he is away at school.



3. I got several more donations of books for my church library this week...makes me excited to know these books are going to benefit many ladies in my church!!

4. I got to do a little shopping today, as I start (allowing myself) to think ahead to my impending vacation. It will be my first significant time off work since last August/September when I ventured to Colorado for a family vacation. Obviously for security purposes, I won't be telling you when or where I'm headed, but expect (many) pictures to come at some point!!

5. I got home from shopping today, and was telling my mom about some of the things I looked at, but didn't buy...one of which was a new Vera Bradley bag. (Now, if you know me personally, you know I LOVE purses, and Vera's tend to be a downfall I'm continuously fighting.) She looked at me and said a phrase I never wanted to hear: "You know the Morgan (my favorite bag) is being retired, and they won't have it for much longer, right? "WHAT?!?!?!" NO.....

So, what did I do?? Well...let me just say, I QUICKLY cashed in one of the gift certificates I had gotten from Vera Bradley last Christmas when there was an issue with my order (...that's a story for another day.) (The Morgan I currently already have (in buttercup) was part of the Christmas disaster, but I love the purse so much, I don't even think about the issues I had now.) I ultimately decided to get the purse for myself (again!) in the Purple Punch, and mom decided she wanted one in Blue Rhapsody, too.

Mine


Moms


I'm now excited to get the new bags in!! (It will be mom's first VB and I'm excited she decided to get one!) However, I'm very sad that I couldn't get the bag in my newest favorite pattern: Boysenberry...

Well, I guess that is a wrap on the ins and outs of my week.....time to go make something super yummy, that might just get posted up on here sometime...stay tuned!

No comments: