Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wondering....

Do you ever feel like something is slipping out of control, much like sand slipping through your fingers??



Lately...I feel as though many situations I'm facing are slipping right through my fingers, and there is no way for me to stop it from happening.

I get it...life happens. People come and go. We travel through this constant cycle, known as "life", and we have good times, bad times, smooth times, and rough times.

Currently, I feel as though I'm in a good time, but that certain situations are in rough times. Friendships on the line. Pressure at work. Expectations people have in me. Somedays...it is just to much to hold on to.

I think this is one of the BIGGEST lessons that God is trying to teach me right now: "to let go, and let God."

I'll admit it...I'm a control freak. I like things in tip-top shape. I prefer when things get done in the correct way, rather then halfheartedly doing them and then having to have them re-done at a later point. Some might even use the phrase "My way or the highway!"

I know that through all this, God is simply wanting me to draw myself closer to Him, to rely on him for EVERYTHING, and to just trust him. Easier said then done. I've mentioned in this blog before that I've struggled with just letting go... I'm finding days go smoother when He is in control.

HOWEVER...I find myself giving him my days, but am I giving him EVERYTHING in the day? Every conversation, action, reaction should reflect my Savior and his love & mercy shown to me. I find myself struggling with this. And because I find this to be a struggle, I feel as though lots of stuff is slipping through my fingers.


"Oh Lord...I come to you and humbly confess that I'm a control freak, and don't seem to know how to handle EVERY situation over to you. Put people, situations, and examples in my life...that I may see how to fully, completely, and wholeheartedly trust in You and You alone."

No comments: