Sunday, April 10, 2011

Praising God for Little Things

I'm really excited about the latest and greatest adventure I've embarked on the last few weeks at my church. I heard from my mom that there was a need for a church librarian so we could open up the Christian Fiction library up again. (It's been closed for 5+ years.) She wondered if it was something I was interested in doing. I told her let me think about it, but that I couldn't immediately think of a reason AGAINST doing it.

SO...We've been working on the organizational aspects of the library and I'm pleased to say that it is up and running! I'm taking donations from people in my church, trying to get some "newer" books in there (some were many, many years old!).



I didn't take a picture of the second batch of books I got donated, and the ones my mom got on a KILLER deal on Ebay (12 books for $18), but I think I've gained about 55 books already! Praise the Lord!!

I think what makes me excited to see all the newer books coming in, is that I'm cautiously-excited to see how God allows this project to blossom and grow under His watchful eye. I'm really hoping that this ministry becomes one that ministers to many many lives.

I've also found this AWESOME book site that I'm using to help fill in some missing titles in the library. I have several series that are missing a random book, and if you're like me, you don't want to start a series unless you know you can finish it, lol. Well...mom found a website called "Paper Back Swap"

http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php

This book trading site, works on the HONOR system. You post books, and for every 5 books you post, you get 1 credit to go "shopping" and buy a book. Now, here's the cool part....you don't pay to get that book! Whoever is sending the book to you, pays for the shipping. So you get that book basically for free. Now...when do you pay, you ask? WELL...you don't pay anything until someone wants one of the books you've posted! There is a way for you to buy credits, but every time one of your books gets "requested" and sent off your book shelves, YOU earn another credit! And if you're earning credits, as books are flying (hopefully) off you're shelves, then it means you can go "shopping" and buy more books!

I'm mainly using this to fill in the holes right now...but this is such a neat concept, that I'll probably continue using this for many years to come!

So...if you have any favorite Christian Fiction authors, please pass their name off to me, so I can continue to expand and grow this library!!

No comments: