Thursday, March 22, 2012

Looking Back...Looking at Today...Looking Forward

Looking back...sounds so reminiscent.  Makes me think of good, bad, and ugly times.  But today...I'm looking a beauty. 

Last year, I wrote this post and showed you blog-friends the picture of my neighbors daffodils beginning their spring-time blossom.

Well, I am pleased to present you with this years pictures:  A FULL 2 WEEKS EARLIER then this year!!!  (The crazy weather I have talked about before here, has meant an early spring for us here in Western New York!)



Today is March 22, 2012.  I am in the middle of the most strange weather pattern (also known as winter) that I've ever seen. 

We have just had our like 6th day in a row in the 70-80's.  (Usually we're excited to see the 50-60's.)

I was able to go on a run OUTDOORS yesterday, and a walk tonight with my momma.  It was beautiful.  Simply put...I'm loving this little taste of summer.

BUT here is my fearful thoughts...We still have to get through April.  I asked my dad about taking my snow-tired off my car this weekend, and he isn't sold that it is a good idea yet.  While the weather patterns show we are unlikely to drop to temperatures where snow would stay long-term, he is concerned about a possible 'freak' storm happening. 

UGH...I just wanna take them off.  Now that I am driving with my window DOWN (!!!) I can hear the clicking sound of the studs/tread.  It's loud when I drive...

Tomorrow we are suppossed to see the temperatures drop some...from the middle 70's today, to the high 50's.  And for some odd reason, I'm ok with that.  It is still March (last time I checked the callendar), so I typically don't get this good weather. 

So long as the snow stays away, the temperature is above freezing, and the sun is shining, I think I'll survive til "spring".

No comments: