Sunday, March 18, 2012

Whelp...I've been busy

So when I logged on here Tuesday, it said I posted my last blog on Feb 28th! EAK! That was quite a while ago. I'm doing my best to catch-up with all that you, my faithful followers and friends, have been up too...but bear with me. I have a lot more to read :)

I "disappeared" two weeks ago to house/baby-sit for a family friend. The husband and wife went to Florida for a week, and I was left in charge of a 10 and 14 year old. The week went well...I hardly saw C, the 14 y/o. Between a planned weekend get-away with his friends, basketball practice, and school he was on the go and out of the house most days. J, the 10 y/o, and I had a lot more quality time together. This went mostly-good. There was one evening where things weren't going super-great...but considering it was one night out of SEVEN, I was pleased.


I returned home for 3 (short) days before heading out of town for the weekend. (Forewarning..photo-dump to follow!)
 

My parents, brother Kevin, and I packed up the mini-van and took a little vacation to Toronto, Canada. (Yes...I still live at home, so that means many of my vacations still involve my parents!)

 Toronto was BEAUTIFUL!  (I had only previously been to the city for a field-trip in high school to the science museum.)  I LOVED THIS CITY! 

I thought we were crazy to even consider heading north in middle March, as usually for "spring break" ya head south and "catch some rays..."  Not so for us.  We went north, but because of this AMAZING heat-wave the weather was in the 40's on Saturday, and the 60's on Sunday & Monday!  (For that matter, the weather is still in the 50-60s most days, and will be for much of this coming week!)

We went to the CN Tower!  What a beautiful building...



Both during the day...



and night....


We were able to go up in the towers, and there, they have a glass floor that you can stand on. It was very weird, I'll admit, to walk out onto the glass floor...because when you look down, you look WAY down....

The view...


my brother (Kevin) & I

Mom & Dad

looking down....way down!





That evening we went to a Medieval Times Dinner...super cool if you've never been before. You're watching a horse-competition (dual) and eating a meal completely with your hands (if you sneak in plastic silverware and they catch you using it, they take it!)

Sunday we meandered through the city, then went to a Toronto Raptors (NBA) game. I'd never been to a NBA game before, so this was really fun!


Monday, before we went back across the boarder, we went to Niagara Falls.  If you ever get the chance to see the falls from the Canadian side....DO IT!  The American Falls is beautiful, but the Canadian Falls are breath-taking.  The amount of water flowing over the edge ever SECOND is mind-boggling.  Simply beautiful.  And if you go on a sunny day (it was dreary when we were there) the rainbow is constant!

American Falls



Canadian Falls

American Falls

Canadian Falls



Me at the Canadian Falls



rushing water...

So much water!

We followed that day up with a Buffalo Sabres game!!! EAK!!! I LOVE THE SABRES!!!




We ended our wonderful long-weekend with a quick shopping trip to the outlet malls in Niagara Falls.

So there....I got it all out :) Hope you enjoyed the re-cap of my absence from blogging!!

No comments: